Ask the Experts
VIBRA-CLEAN™ Vibratory Media Drum
The VIBRA-CLEAN™ Vibratory Media Drum is a high-volume mass finishing casting cleaning solution. Parts enter the VIBRA-CLEAN™ Drum and are constantly subjected to a scrubbing action which not only cleans, de-burs, and rounds sharp corners, but also helps to smooth surface imperfections.
The VIBRA-CLEAN™ can be designed to handle any size and shape of parts, and can be integrated with material handling systems including a vibratory parts-media separator with a secondary fines removal deck, as well as a media return conveyor for a complete automatic processing of high production parts. Media selection, retention time, and other factors can be calculated through testing at General Kinematics testing facility.
Contact a GK foundry specialist for more information or to schedule a test.
- Ideal for surface preparation, de-burring, descaling, scouring, pre-finishing of castings.
- Designs available for all applications including wet or dry.
- Castings are rotated in a bed of media which eliminates the damage found in rotary media applications.
- Castings are “scrubbed” of sand residue.
- Media does not get jammed in castings.
- Castings come out cleaner with reduced scrap.