The DE-STONER® Air Classifier incorporates three dynamic elements for optimal density separation:
Vibration – Two-Mass natural frequency design liberates materials, and spreads it across the unit effectively
Fluidization – preps the material bed for the air knife by creating turbulence to stratify the materials and liberate the lights trapped beneath heavies
Classification – the air knife provides the final separation, partially by density, partially with aerodynamics, for optimal results
Available in two fraction and four fraction separation models, the DE-STONER® is adaptable to a wide variety of materials, processes large volumes, and is virtually jam-resistant. Vibratory action moves the material while light materials are discharged into the dropout box.
1. Vibratory action moves material, with high-density material settling to the bottom of the trough.
2. Fines drop out section (optional) removes smaller particle sizes like broken glass or dirt before reaching air fluidizer.
3. Air fluidizing section blows air through the material and creates turbulence to promote material stratification.
4. Material conveys over the air knife into the air stream. Heavier materials fall through the air stream to the discharge chute.
5. Marginal density material falls on the adjustable landing plate and drops back into discharge chute.
6. Light materials are carried beyond the landing plate and convey to the end of the DE-STONER®.
7. Ultra-light materials like thin film or paper are carried in the air stream to the product discharge zone.
Optional add-ons include GK’s