Ask the Experts
Air Classifier: DE-STONER® for Wood | General Kinematics
The GK DE-STONER® Air Classifier for Wood creates distinct material separations based on chosen size and density. Divide heavier products from lighter ones in a dry environment for ecological friendliness, ready-to-use product, and maximum profits. The GK DE-STONER® Air Classifier is the perfect solution for efficient, high volume stratification.
The DE-STONER® Air Classifier combines vibratory action with air streams to effectively separate high volume production rates up to 10,000 cubic feet per hour (280 cubic meters per hour). The high velocity / low-pressure streams fluidize and classify material according to difference in terminal velocity of particles. Through this process, heavy items such as glass, metals, and stones are separated from lighter wood, mulch, or pellets fraction.
The GK DE-STONER® Air Classifier for Wood is designed with a screen section at the entrance of the unit for enhanced sizing and separation. Material is conveyed through DE-STONER® Air Classifier with vibratory action to help free and spread material evenly across the width of the feed. The fluidizing zone passes air through the material stream, creating turbulence and promoting separation of lights and heavies. Material is then presented to the air knife, where heavies drop through the air stream to the heavies discharge chute below. Marginal density material lands on the adjustable landing plate and recombines with the heavies. The lighter wood fraction that can be supported by the air knife is then conveyed over the landing plate and discharged off the end of the DE-STONER® Air Classifier into a separate landing area. The ultra-light wood fraction is propelled out of the DE-STONER® and recombines with the clean wood fraction. The air force and classification sizes can be easily adjusted for a variety of precision sorting types.
The DE-STONER® Air Classifier is available in standard sizes with widths up to 72 inches (1800mm) and custom sizes engineered based on your application. Get in touch with us today to design an air classifier that meets your operational needs.
Successful separating and classifying applications include:
- Hog fuel
- Bio-mass fuel
- Wood Pellets
- The DE-STONER® Air Classifier uses air to separate heavy product from light product.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of products and range of particle sizes.
- Environmental hazards associated with water separation is eliminated along with the inherent mess.
- Easily adjustable to obtain varying degrees of separation as desired.
- Virtually jam-proof. No moving parts come in contact with material flow, making this a low maintenance machine
- Low energy demand with low HP motor and GK’s proven Two-Mass Design.
- Fully isolated design minimizes foundation requirements.
- Heavy-duty, built to last construction.