The GK Single Knife DE-STONER® is a fully proven design operating efficiently in many tough separating applications. It is the only dry classifying system capable of handling continuous, high volume production.
The completely dry system eliminates water handling and other “wet” system problems, yet can easily handle moist materials.
Vibratory action and high velocity / low pressure air streams fluidize and stratify material according to difference in terminal velocity of particles to remove heavy items such as glass, metallics, stones, dirt, etc.
How it works
1. Vibratory action moves material, with high density material settling to the bottom of the trough.
2. Fines drop out section (optional) removes smaller particle sizes like broken glass or dirt before reaching air fluidizer.
3. Air fluidizing section assists in stratifying material.
4. High velocity, low pressure air stream is directed through material flow.
5. Material conveys into air stream. Heavier materials fall through air stream to discharge chute.
6. Marginal density material is caught on adjustable slope plate and falls back into discharge chute.
7. Acceptable lighter materials are carried beyond plate and travel to product discharge.
8. Ultra light or thin film materials like paper and plastic film are removed through air exhaust on stationary hood over discharge.