The GK Dual Knife DE-STONER® Air Knife Separator is a fully proven design operating efficiently in many tough separating applications. It is the only dry classifying system capable of handling continuous, high volume production.
The air knife separator is a completely dry system that eliminates water handling and other “wet” system problems, yet can easily handle moist materials.
Vibratory action and high velocity / low pressure air streams fluidize and stratify material according to difference in terminal velocity of particles to remove heavy items such as glass, metallics, stones, dirt, etc.
Make the DE-STONER® air knife separator the heart of your sorting system…
- Vibratory action moves material, with high density material settling to the bottom of the trough.
- Optional screening section separates smaller particle sizes for more effective recovery.
- Air fluidizing section assists in stratifying material.
- High velocity, low pressure air stream is directed through material flow.
- Material conveys into air stream. Heavier materials fall through air stream to discharge chute.
- Marginal density material is caught on adjustable slope plate and falls back into discharge chute.
- Acceptable lighter materials are carried beyond plate and travel to product discharge.
- Ultra light or thin film materials like paper and plastic film are removed through air exhaust on stationary hood over discharge.
Optional add-on’s to the air knife separator include GK’s Fluff Knife Upgrade or DE-STONER® Drop-Out Boxes.
Successful separating and classifying applications include:
- Commingled materials
- C&D materials
- Shredded MSW
- Shredded auto scrap fluff
- Bio-mass fuel
- RDF fuel
- The DE-STONER® Air Knife Separator uses air instead of water to separate heavy product from light product, eliminating the mess and environmental hazards water separation creates.
- Easily adjustable to obtain varying degrees of separation.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of products.
- Powerful air knife separator separates material of different density, or of same density with different particle size.
- Virtually jam-proof. No moving parts in contact with material flow.
- Low energy demand with low horsepower motor and GK’s proven two-mass design.
- Fully isolated design minimizes foundation requirements.
- Heavy-duty, built to last construction.