The UN-COALER® Activator / Feeder Explained
General Kinematics UN-COALER® combines material activation and feeding into a single, compact, high-performance vibratory unit. Rather than face the bulk and expense of separate bin activator and feeder machines, the UN-COALER® combines activation and feeding functions into a single unit. And with far superior results.
Key Features of the UN-COALER®
- Maximum material drawdown without flushing, compacting, or manual manipulation.
- Elimination of ratholing, bridging, and segregation.
- Eliminates the need for impact idlers at the loading point.
- Uniform and centered belt loading to prevent belt tracking problems.
- Less expensive installation costs. Simplified concrete work, elimination of costly feeder skirts, and shutoff gates.
- Dramatic headroom savings.
- Dependable, proven vibratory operation with fixed or variable feed rates.
- Simplified hopper design with easy, straight-line dust sealing.
- Complete service access from the tunnel.
- Versatile control options and automated operation for selective reclaiming or variable feed rates.
- Accommodation of hopper openings from 4 ft. square to 12 ft. square provides comprehensive reclaim capacity capabilities.
- Exceptional overall cost savings.
How the UN-COALER® Works
It is designed to perform three distinct operations:
- Flow control
The UN-COALER® does this all simultaneously and through the same machine by combining the flow control characteristics of an enclosed vibrating feeder with proven bin activation.
The activator section of the UN-COALER® is contoured with a dome or wedge shape to provide proper pile activation. In operation, the horizontal vibration of this section imparts motion to the headload, energizing the material above in a radiating cone pattern.
Twin Flow Discharge
Material enters the UN-COALER® on both sides of the activator section, dropping into the curved feeder troughs below. Vibratory action and geometry of the troughs maintain a uniform material flow, even with lignite or other sluggish materials with high particle friction.
Material from the feeder troughs is released directly over the belt centerline through a transverse slot running the entire length of the UN-COALER®. Load uniformity on the belt eliminates tracking problems.
General Kinematic’s UN-COALER® is typically used to energize a wide variety of materials, including, but not limited to:
The UN-COALER® is used in a wide variety of different applications. For example, it is also used in silos due to its activation and feeder functions. The UN-COALER® can also be used on train hoppers to fill them with materials using feed rate control effectively.
Want to Learn More About the UN-COALERⓇ?
If you’d like to learn more about the UN-COALER®, check out its Application Information.
If you have any additional questions or want to get in touch, contact us today, and one of our experts will be happy to provide you with more information.