The GK Single Knife DE-STONER® Air Classifier is a fully proven design operating efficiently in various separating applications. This dry classifying system is capable of handling continuous, high volume production.
The completely dry system eliminates water handling and other “wet” system problems, yet can easily handle moist materials. The DE-STONER® Air Classifier combines vibration, fluidization with a high velocity / low pressure air stream to stratify material. Differences in terminal velocity of particles result in heavy items such as glass, metallics, and stones to be removed from lighter items such as paper, plastic and small wood.
The heart of your sorting system
1. Vibratory action moves material, with high density material settling to the bottom of the trough.
2. Fines drop out section (optional) removes smaller particle sizes like broken glass or dirt before reaching air fluidizer.
3. Air fluidizing section blows air through the material and creates turbulence to promote material stratification.
4. Material conveys over the air knife into the air stream. Heavier materials falls through the air stream to the discharge chute.
5. Marginal density material falls on the adjustable landing plate and drops back into discharge chute.
6. Lights materials are carried beyond the landing plate and convey to the end of the DE-STONER®.
7. Ultra light materials like thin film or paper are carried in the air stream to the product discharge zone.
Optional add-on’s include GK’s