Information and facts about GK Vibrating Feeders.
UN-COALER® ACTIVATOR / FEEDER
A better idea for reclaiming
General Kinematics UN-COALER® combines material activation and two feeders into a single, compact, high performance vibratory unit. Rather than the bulk and expense of separate bin activator and feeder machines, the UN-COALER® combines activation and feeding functions into a single unit. And with far superior results:
- Maximum material drawdown without flushing, compacting, or manual manipulation.
- Elimination of ratholing, bridging, and segregation.
- Eliminates need for impact idlers at loading point.
- Uniform and centered belt loading to prevent belt tracking problems.
- Less expensive installation costs. Simplified concrete work, elimination of costly feeder skirts, flow and shutoff gates.
- Dramatic headroom savings.
- Dependable, proven vibratory operation with fixed or infinitely variable feed rates.
- Simplified hopper design with easy, straight line dust sealing.
- Complete service access from the tunnel.
- Versatile control options and automated operation for selective reclaiming, or variable feed rates.
- Accommodation of hopper openings from 4 ft. square to 12 ft. square, providing wide capabilities in reclaim volume.
- Exceptional overall cost savings.
How the UN-COALER® Works
The UN-COALER® is designed to perform three distinct operations… activation, feeding, and centralized belt loading… all simultaneously, and through the same machine.
The archbreaker section of the UN-COALER® is contoured with a dome or wedge shape to provide proper pile activation. In operation, horizontal vibration of the archbreaker imparts motion to the headload, energizing the material above in a radiating cone pattern.
Twin Flow Discharge
Material enters the UN-COALER® on both sides of the archbreaker, dropping into the curved feeder troughs below. Vibratory action and geometry of the troughs maintains a uniform material flow, even with lignite or other sluggish materials with high particle friction.
Material from the feeder troughs is released directly over the belt centerline through a transverse slot running the full length of the UN-COALER®. Load uniformity on the belt eliminates tracking problems.